941-322-6000 | Serving all of Southwest Florida
Over time, asphalt begins to age and the binder will start to wear away and only the aggregate will be left. In order to prevent oxidation, it is important that you sealcoat existing asphalt. The sealcoating process also helps prevent damage that can be caused by chemical spills such as oil leaks.
You can add years of life to your asphalt by applying sealcoat on a regular schedule. We recommend you sealcoat asphalt 1 year after the initial paving and every 3 to 5 years after.
We offer FREE estimates on all our sealcoating services! Call today to schedule your appointment:
Asphalt Maintenance uses an asphalt-based emulsion called Premium Polymer Modified Masterseal (PPMM). This product is more flexible than the traditional cool tar emulsion and has very low odor when applied.
PPMM is applied at 58-62% solids compared to the conventional sealers, which are applied at 40-43% solids. It contains 4 pounds of sand per gallon in every coat, making it durable and excellent in slippery conditions.
1. We will provide a schedule that consists of a color-coded map with the dates we will be sealcoating your asphalt.
2. On the first date, we thoroughly clean the asphalt and apply an oil spot primer where necessary.
3. We hand squeegee any sidewalk, curbing, or any other surface that is not to be sealcoated.
4. The first coat is sprayed out and cured overnight.
5. On the next day, we apply a second coat on the entire job and allow it to cure for at least 4 hours. After it cures, we apply a third coat to all drive lanes and areas of heavy traffic.
6. On the final day, we will install traffic markings and the lot can be opened and traffic
Asphalt sealcoating services can be applied to any area that sees a lot of traffic. Contact Asphalt Maintenance today to keep all your paved areas protected from oxidation.
• Parking lots